Man is not a computer, not a robot, not a machine. Unlike them, he is an emotional nature. He is characterized by emotional experiences. The mood influences the inner world, and also the perception of the surrounding reality depends on it. According to psychologists, how we work, act, affect our emotional state.
What are the spheres of life and activity influenced by human emotions? To understand this issue, you must first deal with the types of emotions.
The basis of occurrence is the mood. A kind of mood is a mood, which, in turn, can be conscious and unconscious.
Types of mood:
- Positive - creates a positive attitude, favorably affects activities.
- Negative - negatively affects, inhibits the work.
- Neutral - is rare, manifests itself in the form of apathy.
In addition, most often there are such human emotions as stress, affect, frustration.
Stress is a long process in which the psyche is in a tense state because of certain life situations.
Affect - this is a psychic experience that arose as a response phenomenon of the body to some negative episode. It is inferior in duration to stress.
Frustration is the accumulated baggage of emotions, after experiencing problems, failures, etc., capable of driving a person depressed.
The feelings and emotions of a person can be divided into categories:
- altruistic - these are feelings, experiences that arise if you want to provide any help, to promote something;
- communicative - these emotions arise when there is a need for communication;
- glorious - arising from the need and desire for fame, for self-affirmation;
- practical - this is the desire for success, overcoming difficulties;
- romantic - the desire for the unusual, the expectation of a miracle, "the wandering in the clouds";
- Gnostic - the desire for harmony in everything, the desire to overcome the contradictions that have arisen;
- aesthetic - is the need for beauty;
- hedonic - the desire for a comfortable existence, both spiritual and bodily;
- Acquisition is the desire to accumulate;
- mobilization - is the desire to overcome various barriers, passion, excitement.
Competently using emotional phenomena, you canmanage your own communication, directing it to a beneficial channel. But are all emotions useful and necessary? Everything! Even negative. Even failure can be useful. It is the impetus for self-improvement. After all, when everything goes well and measuredly, there is no thought or desire to change anything.
What is the role of emotion in human life?
This question can be answered in general terms by analyzing those functions that are inherent in one or another emotion. So, the main functions:
So, the emotions of a person are his psychic life,filled with emotions, the most diverse, which constantly replace each other. They are a subjective assessment of certain events, the significance of what is happening around, expressed in the form of experiences. With the help of emotions, a person is intuitively oriented in the world that surrounds him.
Emotions are characterized by a quantitative characteristic, called intensity.
Intensity, in turn, is determined by two factors:
- the degree of dissatisfaction with a particular need;
- the degree of surprise that directly affects satisfaction.
Duration is a temporary characteristic of emotions.
From the theoretical point of view, you can distinguish a huge number of different emotions. In this case, the emotional storehouse of each person is individual. Against this background, emotional types of personality are singled out.