Now the entire population of our planet pays a lot of time tracking the news. After all, being aware of everything means being an advanced person. But does everyone have an idea of what the media is?
The notion of media
The media are the means by which information is disseminated these days. They are characterized by several properties:
- Directed action on the masses.
- Clarity in understanding.
- Separation of the nature of distribution, as well as the production of information.
- Periodicity necessary for the formation of trust and recognition by a certain group of people.
Generalized classification of the media
The mass media are divided intodifferent categories on certain grounds, the number of which is not strictly fixed. However, the Russian legislation distinguishes the main of them in this way: types, regions involved, as well as types and functions of the media.
- Social and political.
- Information and entertainment.
- Business and others.
The regions involved in the media influence the broadcasting area. These media include Moscow, foreign, regional, etc.
There is also such a thing as "types of media". It is characterized by a way to convey information to a specific audience. In our time in the world there are such types of media as:
- Periodicals (various magazines, brochures, leaflets, newspapers and others).
- TV and radio.
- Special media.
- And also Internet resources.
General Species Characteristics of Mass Media
Often, for many, even the most frequently used types of media and their characteristics remain a mystery. Therefore, let's understand this is not as difficult as it seems at first glance, the question.
First of all, it will be a question of a periodical printed publication. They are called only going out at least once a year, having the same name, as well as a specific publication number.
In view of the extensive development of this way of disseminating information, it also received a more detailed separation.
Types of print media include such well-known as:
- Journals are a periodical publication containing various articles on vital political, social, scientific, business and other issues.
- Newspapers are a periodical that offers up-to-date but quickly obsolete information that comes out at short intervals and has a variety of content.
- Almanacs are collections that specialize in the publication of literary and popular scientific works.
- Printed media also contain other categories of publications less well known to the masses.
Other media categories are characterized as follows:
- TV programs - commonalitiesaudiovisual messages and broadcasts broadcast by the company as a signal of a certain frequency spectrum. Permanent name and periodic broadcast are required.
- Radio programs are complexes of audio messages broadcast in the form of a certain electromagnetic field, as well as TV programs. An invariable name and periodicity of output are also necessary.
- Special media are those publications for which there arespecific rules for registration and dissemination of information, established by law. These include erotic publications, one way or another exploiting interest in sex.
Advertising in the media
Today, more and more people are gaining popularityadvertising of goods, a significant facilitating search for buyers of goods and services. Also, various types of advertising continue to appear. There are a lot of media in the media, so let's consider them.
Advertising in printed publications. The main advantage: one-time payment - perpetual storage. The duration of ads in these publications is unlimited. Therefore, the press seldom places such current information as news about promotions and discount programs, but it is common, about companies in general.
Advertising on the radio. Often used to attract attentionspecific target audience: car enthusiasts, youth, pensioners, etc. Advantage - unobtrusive offer of their goods and services, as well as information about promotions.
Advertising on TV. Due to the high cost of conducting an advertising campaign on television, detailed monitoring of the entire target group is carried out in order to avoid unnecessary costs.
Internet advertising. Has a large audience coverage, regardless of itsage and seems quite effective. Often, customers use the ability to quickly transfer information about a good offer. Most often this advantage is manifested in advertising in social networks and banners.
Now, having an idea of all aspects of the media, you do not know only about their purpose. Eliminating this area, we will understand the main functions of the media. They are:
- Information: the essence is to notify the target audience in questions and events of different types.
- Evaluative and Commentary: the facts commented and evaluated by experts are reported.
- Cognitive-training: used to replenish the luggage of knowledge of the target audience.
- Manipulative: the impact on the mind and subconscious of people in various issues (most often in politics). </ ul </ p>