The head of the personnel department is one of the most importantpositions in the enterprise. This is due to the large amount of the responsibility entrusted to him: the staffing of the organization is a difficult task. The main competences of the head of the personnel department are fixed in a separate job description. What is its specificity?
Specificity of the post of the head of the personnel department
The job description of the head of the personnel department -It is a document that reflects the powers, rights and duties of a person performing such significant labor functions in the company. What is the specificity of this professional specialization?
The head of the personnel department is a specialist withexperience sufficient to solve the problems associated with the staffing of your company with the right employees. He is also endowed with managerial powers: in his subordination - human resources specialists, HR managers, assistants. The job description of the head of the personnel department is a source in which a comprehensive reflection of the relevant specifics of the activity of the person performing the labor function in question is being proposed.
Let's consider what structure can beThis document is presented. Most often, any job description - the head of the human resources department in healthcare, construction, industry - starts with general provisions. Let us study their features.
General provisions in the job description
This part of the instruction may containprovisions that fix the fact that the document is drawn up in accordance with such and such sources of law. Thus, the job description of the head of the personnel department can be based on the Decree of the Ministry of Labor of the Russian Federation No. 37 of 21.08.1998, which reflects the industry-wide characteristics of the various positions of specialists.
The general provisions of the instruction may be reflectedthe fact that the head of the personnel department is a managerial post. The document may contain wording on which its purpose is to establish the rights, duties, and responsibilities that are characteristic of a specialist performing the relevant labor function.
General provisions that may containjob description of the head of the personnel department, can also reflect the requirements for the candidate for the relevant position in the company. So, in many organizations, employees in this position should have a higher education, as well as work experience of at least 5 years.
The next aspect of the instruction, reflected in itsgeneral provisions, can refer to the qualification requirements for a person working on the position in question. So, usually points are fixed on which the head of the personnel department should know: legal acts on labor, methodological materials relating to work with personnel, patterns specific to the labor market, specifics of the design of certain documents for the legal securing of labor relations, the basis of office work, the structure staff of your company.
Another important component of the general provisionsthe job description of the head of the personnel department - the wording on which the documents are identified that are the key guiding sources for the person at the position in question. So, in many organizations, job descriptions state that the head of the personnel department should be guided by the laws, the organization's charter, and the provisions of local regulatory acts.
In the general provisions of the instruction is also fixeda mechanism within which a person is substituted in the position in question. Thus, the document may contain provisions on which the replacement should be based on the order of the director.
Another important component of the instruction is the provisions concerning the labor functions of the head of the personnel department. Consider it.
A typical range of functions of the head of the personnel department, irrespective of sector specificity, can be presented in the following list:
- the organization of a database, which records information on personnel, on the development of personnel, on the mechanisms for finding new employees;
- Participation in the study of the results of attestation of employees, carrying out activities related to the implementation of the decisions of the commission engaged in assessing the competence of the company's employees;
- the organization of the account of the schedule of holidays, maintenance of its practical execution;
- study of factors influencing the turnover of staff, work related to the strengthening of labor discipline, increasing the efficiency of employees' use of working time;
- implementation of the necessary reporting procedures related to the main activities, preparation of the necessary documents intended for transfer to archival storage.
Undoubtedly, the chief's job descriptionthe human resources department in health will be complemented by formulations that are not characteristic of a similar document for the sphere of industry. However, the specificity of people's activities in the relevant position allows, in general, to apply standardized formulations when drafting the instructions in question.
Another important component, which may include the type of source in question, is the official duties of the employee in the position of the Chief of Personnel. Let's consider it in more detail.
A typical range of responsibilities characteristic for such a position as the head of the human resources department can be presented in the following list:
- organization of management procedures for the team,
- assistance in the development of staff competencies;
- increase of labor productivity in the organization;
- performance of key functions in terms of application of practical provisions of the personnel policy of the organization, direct participation in their development;
- Creation of the necessary documentation, drawing up of recommendations, instructions, various offers;
- Conducting office work in the framework of mechanisms that meet the legislative criteria, which are fixed in legal acts of various levels;
- Ensuring fair labor load among the employees of their department, increasing the efficiency of work in subordinate structures;
- forecasting the company's need for new personnel, identifying channels through which the staff of the organization will be staffed;
- work with the company's employees in the direction of improving labor efficiency, informing employees about new vacancies in the enterprise;
- preparation of the personnel reserve for the enterprise - both at the expense of the internal resources of the organization, and through the use of external channels for searching for the right employees;
- increase of motivation of labor among the company's employees through material and other accessible tools;
- implementation of correct reception of new employees, dismissal of employees, transfers of specialists between departments or to other organizations;
- preparation of documents necessary for calculating pensions and other support measures for the company's employees;
- updating the methodical resources of the personnel department, material and information base in the relevant division of the company;
- the direct management of personnel by the staff through written and verbal instructions;
- exercising control over the level of qualification of personnel in the personnel department, helping to improve their level of competence;
- the formation of analytical materials relating to the state of affairs in the aspect of supplying the enterprise with the necessary staff;
- implementation and maintenance of staff time tracking mechanisms;
- interaction with other units of the company - for example, with accounting (on wages, holidays);
- in the case of poor performance of labor duties by employees - application of disciplinary measures;
- compliance with requirements of the legislation of the Russian Federation.
This is the range of basic responsibilities that caninclude the job description of the head of the personnel department. A sample of the list of relevant provisions, considered by us, as in the case of labor functions, is sufficiently standard. It is applied at the enterprises carrying out activity in the most different branches.
Rights of the Head of Human Resources Department
Another important component that includesthe job description of the head of the human resources department - in construction, medicine, industry and most other spheres - the rights of an employee of the company occupying the corresponding position. Let us consider their essence in more detail.
The rights of the head of the personnel department can be represented in a fairly wide range. Which of them can be called basic? The employee in the relevant position may have the right:
- to receive information necessary for the performance of their work (from management and other structural divisions of the company);
- presentation to the top managers of the organization of ideas related to the improvement of the staffing arrangements of the enterprise;
- to receive from the leadership of guarantees and resources that contribute to the effective performance of official duties.
Another standard component that canto contain the job description of the head of the personnel department of the hospital, scientific organization, sports club - provisions reflecting the responsibility of the employee in the relevant position.
What are the chiefs of the HR department most often responsible for? As a rule, it concerns:
- improper performance of labor duties, which are stipulated in the job description (provided that its provisions do not contradict the legislation of the Russian Federation);
- offenses committed by the chief in the course of the work - if they are provided for by administrative, criminal or civil legislation of the Russian Federation;
- damage to the employing organization within the limits fixed in the sources of law relating to the civil and labor legislation of the Russian Federation;
- neglect of the requirements of the Federal Law "On personaldata "and other sources of law approved in the Russian Federation - federal, regional, municipal level, local legal acts adopted in a specific organization;
- refusal to obey the requirements of immediate managers, expressed in written form - in the form of orders, various orders, instructions or verbally.
Another component of the department's job descriptionstaff - provisions that reflect the way in which an employee of the relevant profile can interact with colleagues from other structural divisions of the firm. Let's consider its specificity.
Interaction with other structures of the company
The wording in this manual may bevery different. For example, in the relevant part of the document it can be said that the head of the personnel department is obliged to work according to the schedule, which is approved directly by the director of the company. However, in this part of the instruction, provisions can be made that the head of the personnel department can plan his work independently.
In some cases, the person on the relevantThe post may have the right to visualize certain orders of the head concerning the acquisition of the enterprise by specialists. The head of the personnel department can interact, as we noted above, with the accounting structures of the firm - for the correct calculation of salaries, vacation pay for employees. Significant can be the interaction of a person on the position in question with colleagues in the exchange of information. Such communications are possible in the broadest spectrum - with the specialists of their department, other structural subdivisions of the firm, the management of the organization.
Uniformity of standards and new in 2014
We noted above that the positions of the officialsinstructions for the heads of departments of cadres of organizations in different sectors as a whole are uniform. The content of the relevant documents may not change. So, if the year in which the job description of the head of the human resources department is compiled - 2013, the content of the source in question may not differ too much in its structure from the requirements fixed in the order of the Ministry of Labor specified in the beginning of the article.
At the same time, as new posts appearin a particular industry or the economy as a whole, instructions of the type in question can be adjusted. This can be carried out both on the basis of updates in the legislation, and in accordance with the private initiative of the leaders of specific enterprises. As a result, the official instruction of the head of the personnel department, which is familiar to the company's employees, can vary very much. 2014 is interesting with the emergence of a unique source - the "Atlas of New Professions", developed by the Agency for Strategic Initiatives, as well as the Moscow School of Management Skolkovo. It identifies the professions that may appear in the Russian economy in the near future. The job descriptions for them are probably still to be developed.
It can be noted that in the aspect of nationalstandards for the formation of documents of this type are relatively unified. So, for example, in the Russian Federation, the Republic of Belarus and Kazakhstan, a completely uniform job description of the head of the personnel department can be taken as a basis. Ukraine is a state that in many areas of legislation also has quite similar sources with those adopted in neighboring countries. This can be traced in different industries. In particular, this concerns the algorithms for the formation of such a document, as the job description of the head of the personnel department. In the RK, the RB and Russia, legislation, by virtue of integrative economic processes, as many experts note, can get even closer together.