Increasingly, on the InternetTo find a job, you can find such a vacancy as a hostess. This word is still unclear to many and may cause some not very relevant associations. And, by the way, there is nothing "like" in this profession. After all, the post "administrator" you do not associate with something indecent? A hostess is, in fact, an administrator, only his job is not to control the work of staff and financial management, but work directly with the guests of the establishment, whether it is a restaurant, a cafe or a hotel. Its main task is to meet and serve visitors so that they want to return here again and again.
- it is cordial and obligatory with a smile to greet the guests who came to the restaurant (or other institution where such a post is provided);
- accompany them to the table and help to accommodate, offer menus, recommend those or other dishes;
- accept orders (including by phone) for reservation of tables;
- control cleanliness in the hall, at the entrance and in the toilets;
- monitor the serviceability of equipment, plumbing, inventory, accessories, etc .;
- regularly check the availability and cleanliness of consumables, for example, napkins, toothpicks, etc .;
- coordinate the work of the waiters and, if necessary, help them;
- to take an active part in the daily cleaning of the institution;
- to have high communicative skills, stress resistance and good
- be aware of all events, actions and special offers of the institution, to tell the guests about them;
- to know at least one foreign language at a conversational level (English or French, and ideally, of course, both).
In addition, often the restaurant comes with children. The secret obligation of the hostess in Moscow is to communicate with them. If the child likes that in the restaurant he was given a balloon and even gave a coloring with colored pencils, he will certainly want to get it again. Thus, the child can make his parents permanent customers of the institution.