Jam from plums is very popularproduct. Virtually every hostess knows several recipes for his preparation. This delicious and wholesome fruit grows almost everywhere, so that in any house there will necessarily be at least a few cans of this tinned delicacy. Season of ripening falls on the middle of summer, and if during this period you prepare jam from plums with lobules, then for the whole winter you will be provided with vitamin dessert.
What is so useful for jam from plums
One of the reasons for his popularity isthat it is very useful for human health. Especially in the case when cooked from fruits collected in your garden. Plum jam slices help you:
- strengthen the vessels;
- improve digestion;
- regulate the work of your intestinal tract;
- to overcome a stressful condition;
- to put in order the arterial pressure;
- deal with anemia;
- remove excess salts from the body;
- restore the skin.
Plums are rich in vitamins A, B, C, fructose, glucose, phosphorus, fiber, antioxidants, tannins, pectin, acids, iron.
General information about goodies
Jam from a plum turns out tasty and useful notOnly thanks to a standard recipe (plum and sugar). Fruits perfectly blend with a wide variety of ingredients, such as wine, berries, chocolate or nuts.
Each method of preparation of this kindconservation of their advantages. As a result of cooking, even the most common plum jam can be turned into a real masterpiece of cooking. The delicacy has an attractive aroma and unsurpassed taste characteristics. In order to obtain a high-quality product, it is desirable to use the black-leaved plum of the varieties "Hungarian". In this case, the fruit well preserves the integrity and is easily separated from the stone, sweet to taste, has a pleasant aroma. If there is no way to find this variety, then you can cook from any other, withstanding two requirements:
- The stone must be easily separated from the fetus.
- Plum should in no case be ripe, otherwise the fruit will be non-integer and the preserves will turn out to be opaque.
The simplest recipe: how to prepare jam from plums with lobules
In this recipe, there is only one condition thatit is necessary to observe, that the fragrant jam with a beautiful color and the necessary density has turned out - insisting and boiling it is necessary to do some times. We will need the following products:
- one kilogram of fresh fruit without pits;
- 1.3 kg of white sugar;
- 0.35 kg of purified water;
- one packet of vanilla sugar (but this ingredient is at your discretion).
And now the recipe itself:
- Well, my fruit, break them, remove the bones and cut into the required number of lobules.
- Pre-cook the syrup. For this, we breed sugar in the water, bring it to a boil and boil for three minutes on low heat.
- Slices of plums are placed in hot sugar syrup and insist 5-6 hours.
- We bring the future plum jam to a boil and cook on low heat for about 12 minutes. Remove from the fire and again insist 5-6 hours.
- Repeat the process, only leave to infusefor three hours. We observe how during preparation the jam becomes saturated with a beautiful ruby color and thickens, starting to emit an unforgettable aroma.
- At the final stage, boil it for another minutefive, while removing the foam. In pre-sterilized jars with a capacity of 500-600 g, pour boiling jam and close with sterile lids. We put them to cool for 12 hours, turning them downside down with lids and wrapped in cloth. After the complete cooling, the jam from the plums is sent to the cellar for storage.
The resulting product is ideal forvarious desserts, cooking compotes. It can be spread on bread or added to pastries. In the cold season, conservation will please you with its taste and aroma.
We cook from the yellow plum
We will need:
- yellow plums - 1,1 kg;
- sugar - 1,65 kg;
- water 640 ml.
Before you recipe, how to prepare a jam from a yellow plum lobules:
- We choose mature fruits, suitable for canning, and well their
wash. Let's drain water.
- We break the plums, extract the bones from them and cut them into slices.
- We put in an enamel pot.
- Cooking the syrup. We dissolve the sugar in water, boil it and add the boiling syrup to the sinks.
- Day insist. After the liquid, decant and boil. Again we pour into the plums for the same period.
- Stirring, warm up the contents of the container. Removing the foam, boil to a density and poured into a sterile container.
Another recipe is mastered, how to make plum jam slices. They, as already mentioned, are many. If you follow the recommendations, even a beginner can easily cope with the task.
Gem from the plums
Sometimes there is a desire to please the guestssomething new, unusual, prepared with his own hands. Recipes of jam from plums are quite good here. Gem, cooked in the simplest way, is just right for this.
- We wash fruits and extract bones from them. Put the plums in a saucepan and pour water.
- We put on the plate and bring the contents to a boil. Cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Then we fall asleep a glass of sugar and mix well. After completely dissolving it, again add a glass of sugar and so on until the whole kilogram is gone.
- After that, cook our jam on medium heat for 40-45 minutes, stirring. Somewhere for five minutes before the readiness we add citric acid.
- On readiness we pour jam into clean jars. Do not need to sterilize. Close the lids. After cooling, the jam from the plums with lobules is ready for use.
A couple of tips for the last
At the end of the article, a few more tips,which will be useful when cooking plum jam. If you are concerned about the integrity of the fruit, place it after washing for five minutes in a soda solution, and then rewash thoroughly again.