Happy owners of land canto land on its territory all that the soul desires. Fruit trees are especially popular, and every gardener has at least one. Many like apricots and try to plant a tree in the garden, but is each sort suitable if you live, for example, in the Urals, where the climate is harsh, summer short, autumn and early colds early? Today, let's talk about the early ripening look, which is suitable for any part of Russia - apricot Khabarovsky. The description of the variety, the rules of planting and care will be listed below.
History of breeding
Khabarovsk - a long-known type of apricot. It was received in DalNIISH by breeder GG Kuzmin. This variety was bred by pollination of the colors of the Best Michurinsky apricot with Krasnoshchekoi pollen - European variety.
To date, Khabarovsk apricotis popular, but for the most part in southern regions, since it blooms early. However, when cultivating the variety in other parts of Russia, there was no loss of color and damage during late frosts.
Characteristics of the tree
This is a strong, rather high apricottree. The adult plant reaches a height of almost five meters, the same width. The crown is sprawling, but rare. The main branches (skeletal) are powerful, straight, thick, the crust on them is dark purple, adorned with many longitudinal strips of whitish shade. The buds are large, oblong, two and three together, but may also be solitary. Leaves are medium in size with a pointed tip. Their lower part is light green, the upper part is dark, matte, the edges are serrate, the stalk is burgundy, and long. Flowers are white, large, with oval petals, which are loosely closed. The stigma of the pistil is almost on par with the stamens, so the relatively self-fertilized apricot Khabarovsk is considered. Pollinators do not need it, but for greater yields, Snezhinskiy and Amur can be planted.
As already mentioned, the tree blossoms early, but the frosts do not harm it. Apricot Khabarovsk is an early variety, fruits can be harvested already in the last days of July.
Fruits and their taste
The harvest from one adult tree can be collectedgood, up to 36.6 kilograms. Fruits are high-quality, large, average weight of one 30 grams, and maximum - 45 grams. The shape is round, conical, slightly compressed on the sides, externally resembles a heart - the upper edge is pointed, in the lower one there is a deep fossa. Fruits are bumpy on the surface, the peel does not lag behind. Color pale green, yellowish, in places there is a red dot or a solid blush.
Flesh yellow-orange, medium-juicy, thick, withpleasant sweet-sour taste. According to the taste qualities, the variety belongs to the dining room. The fruits contain vitamin C, malic acid, sugar. Tasting grade received 4 points out of five.
Ossicle roundish-elongated, with grooves. It is small, only 1.2 grams, well behind the ripe pulp, its core sweet.
Quality of the plant
Apricot Khabarovskiy, whose variety description is given above, has the following qualities:
- fruiting begins in the fourth or fifth year;
- transportability is average, so it is not recommended to transport fruit for long distances;
- fruiting abundant every year;
- the variety tolerates both drought and waterlogging;
- frost resistance is average, but it can be improved by grafting winter-hardy rootstocks into the crown, also by sheltering the young tree for the winter;
- beautiful marketable appearance;
- High resistance to clasterosporium and moniliosis.
In general, a good grade. Apricot Khabarovsk is popular in many regions.
Selecting a landing site
The tree should be planted on a hill where the groundwater can not damage the roots, cause their rotting. The site must be sunny, but protected from the northern winds. Apricots grow poorly in acidic soil, so it must be neutralized. Special preferences do not have a grade to the ground, but it will still need to be fertilized before planting apricot Khabarovsky. Planting and caring for the tree are very simple.
Plant a tree strictly according to the rules,it is not enough just to stick it into the chosen place. It is necessary to prepare the soil from autumn, even if a spring planting is planned. In autumn, the seedling should be planted before the end of October, so that it will grow to a bit more frosty. In the spring - before the onset of the vegetative period, that is, April - early May. So, how correctly to plant apricot?
- The landing pit should be 0.8 meters deep, the same width. The size may be slightly smaller or larger - depending on the cut.
- At the bottom of the finished pit, put a drainage layer, as mentioned earlier - apricots do not like excessive moisture.
- The next layer is fertile soil. To make it, take a glass of wood ash, ten kilograms of humus, 400 grams of potassium sulfide and 700 grams of superphosphate.
- Top with ordinary earth, installa peg, then a seedling. Roots spread well, sprinkle with soil. When instilling the seedling, it is necessary to constantly stir to get air and the tree does not bend when settling the soil.
- Root neck should stay above the surface about four centimeters.
- Seal the trunk around the trunk, build an earth cushion, it will facilitate watering.
- Pour the seedling with two buckets of water, cover the soil around the tree, and tie the tree to the installed peg.
Apricot Khabarovsk is not the fastidious plant, it does not require anything special from you.
In the spring, after the descent of snow, loosen Soil so that moisture does not accumulate. Watering in warm weather is needed moderate, only in the dry season. If there is a frost, it is better to be safe, and at night near the tree to create a warm smoke by burning straw. From the third year after disembarkation, fertilizing in the form of mineral and organic fertilizers will be required.
Stable to remove all unnecessary, sick, weak anddry shoots, conduct preventive measures against pests and fungal diseases with special preparations. If you grow apricot Khabarovsk not in the southern region, then for the winter, sprinkle the roots with additional soil and wrap it over the covering material. Young seedlings need to be sheltered completely.