Pelargonium or geranium - houseplant,which for many years does not leave thousands of mistresses indifferent. Her flowers may be completely different, but they are invariably collected in umbellate inflorescences.
Today, more than 250 species are hatched by flower growerspelargonium, but, of course, the most common and favorite is the royal pelargonium. This is a tall plant. During the first year of life it can grow up to 80 cm. The leaflets on it are rough with notches. Flowering is very beautiful. Flowers reach 8 cm in diameter and can have several color shades. There can also be hydrides, they are characterized by the fact that they have one shade. Blossoms of the royal pelargonium for a short time, from the beginning of spring and the maximum until mid-summer.
Care of the plant is simple, since it does not requireno additional waste and time. For a plant, you need to provide a bright place, but it should not be exposed to direct sunlight. The optimum temperature for the maintenance of a flower in the summer - 22 degrees, and in the winter - 6-12 degrees. Best it will feel on the south side. Pelargonium royal, the care of which ends here, does not require frequent watering, since the stems and leaves are powerful enough and can accumulate a large amount of water.
Transplant pelargonium is best in spring, inprinciple, like many other flowers. In fertilizing it only needs a spring-summer period. Pelargonium royal, the reproduction of which can be cuttings at any time of the year, easily enough and quickly takes root. Although the flower growers recommend to make a transplant in February-March or July-August. It is better to cut off the top of the geranium, give it a little dry and put it in a substrate and keep it dry. You should water little, you can not spray.
Royal Pelargonium can signal when it is not properly maintained:
- if there are no flowers on the geranium, and the plant itself looks healthy, the reason may be too warm air in the winter;
- On the leaf appeared mold. The reason for this is overflow and, as a consequence, a fungus, which causes gray rot. The plant can be treated by pruning affected leaves, reducing watering and treating the plant with a fungicide;
- If the leaflets have watery pads, it means that the geranium has swelling. You transfuse the plant, watering should be reduced;
- if you notice that the leaves began to fall, perhaps Pelargonium does not have enough light;
- if the stem at the base darkened, the flower fell ill with a black leg. The plant will have to be destroyed;
- if the edges of the leaves are red, the room temperature is too low for the geranium. Here you just need to rearrange the pot in a warmer room, especially in winter, when it's freezing outside;
- if the lower leaves began to turn yellow, but only the tips remain elastic or yellow, the reason is a lack of moisture. If the leaves are lethargic or start to rot - an excess of moisture.
In order for the royal Pelargonium to feel fine and to please you, she needs quite a bit of care:
- geranium does not like dark places, it should be in a bright sunny place;
- in spite of the fact that the flower is heat-loving, it is not a little freeze to it;
- Pelargonium must be watered moderately, especially in winter;
- it is desirable that the flower has access to fresh air and low humidity;
- from spring to autumn, geranium needs constant feeding;
- the plant will feel great in fertile soil;
- that the bushes were neatly formed, they should be plucked, then the branchedness increases;
- if the flowers wither, they must be removed.
There are many folk methods and recipestreatment of geraniums. If you believe our ancestors, the geranium with pink flowers can attract love, and with white - will increase fertility. Geranium oil is also widely used in aromatherapy. Here is such a beautiful and at the same time a wonderful flower - Pelargonium.