Consumers are increasinglydifferent coatings, giving preference to cast iron or aluminum products. What are the advantages and disadvantages of such dishes? Is it worth to throw your pans with Teflon and ceramic coating? And how to use the "new-old" cast-iron ones?
Biol Company and its products
Biol is a well-known Ukrainian company. It is engaged in the production of cast glass from aluminum and cast iron with non-stick ceramic coating and without it.
Its products are positioned as durable. It is suitable for use on all types of plates. Some models are compatible with induction cookers, but not all. Therefore, before buying a frying pan, you need to pay attention to the instructions. In an ordinary microwave it can not be set. As well as it is impossible to wash in the dishwasher.
Produces the company "Biol":
- Cast-iron pancake frying pan.
- Frying pan-wok with concave bottom, intended for toasting on high heat with constant stirring.
- Frying pans are square shaped.
- Utensils from stainless steel or aluminum with non-stick ceramic coating. This includes frying pan series "Classic", pancake pan "Optima".
- Cast aluminum frying pans. They keep their shape well, they evenly distribute heat. Yes, and the price they have available.
- Soy-beans, gusjatnitsy, cast-iron of different sizes.
All products are available in diameter from 22 to 28 cm in 2 cm increments.
Preparation of cast-iron dishes for use
Cast iron quickly rusts. Therefore, products from it at the enterprise are processed with engine oil. After buying a "Biol" frying pan, it must be thoroughly cleaned.
To do this, perform the following actions:
- wipe the oil with rags;
- wash in hot water with a degreaser, wipe;
- pour salt on the pan and fry it for 20 minutes, stirring;
- a frying pan with deep sides is better for calcining in the oven, as it does not warm up on the stove at full height;
- pour out the salt and rinse the frying pan with cold water, after cooling, wipe it off;
- heat and lubricate with vegetable oil.
After this procedure, from oil under the influence ofhigh temperature produces a thin non-stick film. It is washed off with detergents. Therefore, do not be zealous, trying to achieve perfect purity. It only hurts, and the food in the frying pan begins to burn.
If the packaging indicates that this procedure has already been carried out at the factory, then it is not necessary to repeat it.
In frying pans with non-stick coating from "Biol" German means of the trade mark Greblon on a water basis is used.
Storage and Care
Having bought dishes from cast iron, do not forget that now you constantly need to take care that it does not rust. Therefore, it is necessary to fulfill a number of fairly simple requirements:
- Do not store food in a cast-iron frying pan.
- Wash without using aggressive detergents.
- Do not use abrasives.
- After you have washed the pan, put it on the fire for a couple of minutes to allow the water to evaporate. Then grease with vegetable oil.
- Store the frying pan in a dry place that is well ventilated.
Frying pan with non-stick coating is washed softsponge or bamboo rags in warm water. You can use liquid detergents. You can not overheat, and if this happens, do not pour cold water on the frying pan. Do not use metal spoons. Food mixed with wooden or silicone spatula.
If there is rust
When you noticed that at the bottom of the frying pan "Biol"still there was rust, do not panic. With an iron brush, remove the red spots, burn or heat the frying pan and apply a layer of vegetable oil to the bottom.
How to prepare aluminum pans "Biol"? Reviews say that they do not need to be calcined with salt. After all, they do not rust, so lubricating them with machine oil does not make sense. You can lubricate with sunflower oil and warm well. Food on such a frying pan will not burn.
Producer offers to buy pans "Biol", because:
- They can be heated to any temperature.
- To mix food, you can use metal tools.
- With prolonged use, the anti-stick effect becomes more noticeable.
- They are safe for health.
Popularly used cast iron frying pans"Biol" with removable handle made of wood or Bakelite. The cast thick casing allows you to extinguish the products in a frying pan. Cast iron heats up more slowly than iron. Therefore, food on such a frying pan can be on fire for a long time, without burning.
Many buyers rated the Biol frying pan withceramic coating for the fact that they are evenly heated, they retain heat for a long time. For a long time nothing burns on them. They are safe, have a comfortable handle. Users note that the frying pan does not bother, even in places of scratches from metal tools.
I like the frying pan from the "Classic" series with high sides and a strong handle. It does not deform when used, the bottom remains flat.
Buyers say it's comfortable and goodfrying pan for everyday use. It is convenient to prepare various traditional dishes. Food does not burn. I like the fact that the handle can be quickly unscrewed if you are going to cook in the oven.
Many like the gentle cast-iron frying pans "Biol". The reviews point out that pancakes are convenient to bake on the frying pan of the Optima line. The flanks are low and flat. Therefore, it is convenient to remove pancakes.
In this frying pan you can cook without oil.
Reviews are negative
Some users note thatoriginally the "Biol" pans with ceramic coating can cope well with cooking, it does not burn. But after a while, yellow spots from the grease appear on the edges of the ceramic coating. Getting rid of them is very difficult. Users start using various detergents, including abrasive detergents. As a result, the ceramic coating is removed, and the frying pans become unusable.
But this does not always happen from the use of detergentsmeans. There are complaints that the ceramic coating is simply bubbling from use. This applies to the frying pan "Tradition", which is now out of production, but may be on sale.
Feedback from other buyers suggests that thesestains can be washed off, using various folk methods. So, you can try to grease the burnt edges with toothpaste, let it dry, and then wash it off with a sponge. But toothpaste is an abrasive material. Therefore, if you often use such a tool, then the protective layer will quickly come down.
But this is not only the "Biol" frying. Consumer feedback suggests that many other frying pans with ceramic non-stick coatings do not burn only the first six months after purchase. And the manufacturer hints that the resource of such coverage is not unlimited. It depends on:
- material of the frying pan;
- properties of the coating;
- quality of its application.
Therefore, many have replaced such dishes with cast iron.
There are complaints that the thread of the handle attachment is not threaded in the center. This makes its use insecure.