Any field of professional activityman has a certain set of specific features, rules and ethical norms. Professional ethics regulate the moral relations between people in the labor sphere. In other words, we can say that this concept is a set of certain moral norms that determine the attitude of a person to his professional duty. Professional ethics as a science is engaged in studying:
- relations of people arising in labor collectives;
- moral qualities of each individually taken specialist;
- features of professional education;
- specific moral standards of each individual professional area.
Professional legal activity no matter howone another is related to the interaction of people, so compliance with certain rules and rules of conduct in it is simply necessary. An important characteristic of the moral character of each lawyer is also his attitude to work and professionalism. The professional ethics of a lawyer in a law-governed state, such as Russia today, includes several mandatory aspects:
- The rule of law. This aspect implies full comprehension by the lawyer of his mission to the service of law and law. The ethics of a lawyer obliges him to obey unquestioningly all the norms of the law, even if they contradict his personal moral principles. Its activities should be directed primarily at combating legal nihilism and anarchy.
- The attitude towards people in the spirit of humanism isthe obligatory rule of professional ethics of any lawyer. This rule as it emphasizes that education and high qualification is not enough to become a sought-after specialist and professional. Each lawyer in the process of work communicates with a huge number of people who see him as a person first, and only then - a representative of the law. Therefore, every person involved in the process of communication with a lawyer, lawyer, prosecutor, expects from him a qualified performance of duties, as well as respectful attitude. The professional ethics of a lawyer implies respect for the personality of each participant in the legal process.
- The honesty of a lawyer is based on honesty,truthfulness, full of trust and empathy. These qualities should be manifested in the relationships of colleagues, supervisor and subordinate, lawyer and client. To achieve these goals, a lawyer-professional chooses only such methods and methods that do not contradict the law and morality.
On the generally accepted in any work activityThe moral principles of ethics are also maintained by the professional ethics of the lawyer. Honesty, decency, truthfulness are an indispensable guarantee of his successful career. The main document by which the lawyer is guided in his professional activities is the Constitution of the Russian Federation. The professional ethics of a lawyer, prosecutor, lawyer or other representative of the law does not allow neglect of the person (be it a witness, an applicant, or a defendant), humiliation of his human dignity, his insult or application of measures not provided for by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
Today many law schools are introducingadditional disciplines in which students study not only law and law, but also receive answers to questions: what is the professional ethics of a lawyer, how to treat people around him and what moral qualities must be possessed in order to achieve notable successes in his career.