Computer presentation is a special document withmultimedia content, the demonstration of which is controlled by the user. At the moment this is one of the most popular ways of presenting information, which is used in many spheres of life.
What is a computer presentation
Quite often an oral presentation orA written report requires visual support and visual presentation of information. In this case, a computer presentation can be used. This is a certain sequence of slides or a video sequence. This is a file that contains all the necessary information for the performance of the performance.
Concerning computer presentations, the following terminology is often used:
- interactivity is a property of presentation, which means the possibility of correcting it with the direct participation of the speaker;
- A hyperlink is a slide object that, when pressed, allows you to go to an external source;
- animation - dynamic effect, which provides movement of the object on the slide area;
- the project is a schematic description of the future computer presentation;
- multimedia - the use of files and effects of a different kind within a single slide.
Types of computer presentations
Despite the fact that this is a fairly common phenomenon, not all definitely know what kind of computer presentations are. So, for now, the following main types are distinguished:
- slide presentations are classified as static, because they show a still image, which can only be replaced through specific user actions;
- streaming (dynamic) presentations are sets of frames that are themselves replaced after a period of time that lasts less than one second.
Such concepts asthe presentation is interactive and with a script. In the first case, the speaker actively interacts with the computer device in order to find the right information. If we talk about the scenario, then we are talking about a clear sequence of slides that change after a certain period of time.
What is a slide?
Slides are frames that containinformation necessary for the presentation. It is worth noting that they are not recommended to be overloaded with an abundance of information. The viewer should spend minimum time identifying and analyzing the data shown on the slide. That is why it is necessary to include only the main excerpts and the necessary demonstration material.
Slides can contain the following information:
- Headers and sub-headings that have data about the contents of the file;
- graphic images (pictures, photos, graphics, diagrams, etc.);
- tables with digital or text data;
- sound accompaniment;
- text file;
- marked or numbered lists with data transfer;
- A background image that facilitates the perception of information or carries an aesthetic function;
- headers and footers (contain numbering, footnotes or other additional data);
- hyperlinks to external objects.
Recommendations for the development of
A computer presentation is a visual presentation of a textual report that contains visual information. That it was perceived better, it is necessary to be guided by the following recommendations:
- use of short sentences and words that are available for understanding;
- There should be as few prepositions and introductory words as possible;
- Use bright headlines that attract attention and reflect the essence of the content;
- it is recommended to place within a single slide no more than three information objects;
- Under the key points of the report, select individual slides, and do not try to fit all the information into one;
- Slides with horizontal orientation are best perceived;
- key information should be located in the center of the screen;
- signatures to pictures should be under, not over them;
- try to have on the slide no more than 8 lines, each of which contains about 30 characters;
- For good readability of text use large sized fonts without serifs;
- all slides must be consistent in a single style;
- for color design it is better to choose cool colors;
- Do not abuse the animation effects, so they do not distract attention from the basic information.
Stages of creation
In order to create high-quality material, go through the following stages of creating a computer presentation:
- the development of the structure of the future information file, as well as the general concept;
- Next, a post-script scenario should be outlined (it will not be final, may be subject to adjustment);
- Adding all necessary objects (text fragments, drawings, etc.);
- setting animation effects, which will be accompanied by a slide change;
- subsequent editing, as well as sorting the slides in order to establish their correct sequence;
- start and preview.
History of computer presentations
The history of the development of computer presentations canConsider the example of a software product such as Microsoft Power Point, which is most often used for these purposes. Initially, it was named Presenter. The program was created by two students who felt that it was time to look for new ways of submitting information.
Initially, the program worked only inblack and white mode, after which its color version was developed. At the same time, a rather weighty volume was published, which contained a detailed guide to the use of the program. But since this idea was quite costly, it was soon discarded.
Over time, the program has adapted to differentoperating systems and getting all the new features. There were functions of animation, binding hyperlinks and much more. Following the concept of this product, a computer presentation is a document that is perceived as a single set of slides, rather than a collection of individual files.
Areas of application of computer presentations
Having dealt with what a computer presentation is, it is necessary to determine the scope of its use. So, it finds application in the following areas:
- submission of material in the educational process;
- placement of control tasks for schoolchildren and students;
- promotional activities related to goods and services;
- Creation of albums with photos or other images;
- visual support of reports;
The procedure for creating a presentation
Computer presentation on computer science is created as follows:
- launch of Microsoft Power Point;
- In the window that opens, you enter a title and, if necessary, a subtitle of the slide;
- Add the desired number of slides by running the "Insert - Create Slide" command;
- start the presentation with the help of a special command or F5 key, review it and, if necessary, make corrections.
Key issues in developing
In order for the presentation to have the right effect, the right tasks must be set before it. For this, clear answers are given to the following questions:
- target audience, which is planned to impress (this depends not only on the form of submission of information, but also on the design of slides);
- effect, which is planned to be achieved on the outcome of the speech (to sell the product, get a loan, demonstrate the invention, and so on);
- correctly define the presentation object to concentrate on it, without being distracted by minor moments;
- Identification of key features or factors that the audience should pay attention to;
- The most successful way to demonstrate a presentation (on a general screen or on individual computer devices).
A computer presentation is a set of slides,through which a visual accompaniment of an oral or written report is carried out. This helps to improve the perception of information by presenting key points. Demonstration of the presentation can be carried out on the general screen, projector assistance or on individual computer devices.
Presentations can be slide or streaming. The second is a continuous video, which is broadcast during the course of the report. As for slide presentations, they can have a clear script with automatic change, and can be interactive. This means that the speaker himself is looking for information and regulates the change of personnel on the screen.
Slide is the main element of the presentation. It contains information such as headers, footers, text fragments, drawings, tables and other information. In order for the information to be perceived in the best way, a number of requirements are put forward to the slides. So, it is not recommended to place more than three objects, and lines of text should be a maximum of 8. It is better to use cold background colors, since they do not act so irritatingly on the eyes.
Before you start creating a presentation, forit is necessary to outline the structure of the slides, as well as the concept that will unite them. It is also worthwhile to draw up a preliminary scenario, according to which the personnel will replace each other. Now you need to add all the necessary elements to the presentation file, and then make the appropriate adjustments. Start the slideshow to ensure that they are in the correct sequence.
When developing a presentation, it is important to answer a number ofissues. Registration will largely depend not only on the purpose and subject of the presentation, but also on the audience to whom the report is read. Try to highlight the key factors and the essence of the idea, without overloading the slides with superfluous and secondary information.