In small organizations, almost anyan employee can perform several different functions. With the increase in the number of employees, several of them are already beginning to fulfill such duties. It is at this stage in the development of the enterprise that the first structural subdivision appears. Persons performing the same type of operations are combined into various special units: units, sections, groups, departments, sections, workshops, and so on. Such an association facilitates the creation of an easy-to-manage enterprise.
The structural unit is based onimplementation of the same type of function necessary for the entire enterprise. An important factor for their creation is an increase in the efficiency and profitability of business activities, which are assessed based on the content of operations, the number of employees, and the location.
A structural unit is a dedicatedmanagement body with independent functions, specific tasks and responsibilities. It can be isolated (representative, branch) and internal (does not have all the signs of an independent organization).
Any structural unit carries out itseconomic activity on the basis of the approved provision on these associations, which is being developed at enterprises where they exist. This document is developed by personnel and heads of departments.
The structural subdivisions of an enterprise can be:
- Management - units that are formed byfunctional feature, they ensure the implementation of certain areas of the enterprise and conduct the management of the organization. They are created in state structures, large companies and unite departments and departments.
- The departments are characteristic for medical and preventive medical institutions. They also exist in government bodies, banks, credit institutions.
- Departments. Are created on a functional and branch sign. They ensure the implementation of certain activities. Often departments are created in government bodies of all levels, representations of foreign companies.
- Departments are functional units that are responsible for a particular type of activity.
- Services are groups of combined structural units that have related functions, goals, and tasks. They are managed by one supervisor.
- The Bureau. It is created as part of a larger unit and as a separate unit.
In addition to these units, such production structures as the workshop, laboratory, and workshop are also being created.
Independent units can be divided into smaller structures:
- sectors - created temporarily or permanently;
- sites - are strictly limited by their areas of responsibility, the site is engaged in a specific area of work;
- groups - a structural unit that is created on the principle of sites and is often temporary, they combine specialists to perform a specific task.
The name of any unit, as a rule, means its main activity.
Interaction of the enterprise's structural units must be coordinated. The larger the organization, the more important and difficult this problem is.
Regulations on the division of the enterprise area normative act of local significance that determines the entire procedure for the creation of a production unit, its legal position in the structure of the organization, functions, tasks, responsibilities, rights and obligations, the order of interaction with the other production units.